- Dates: October 13-15, 2017
- Location: Tempe Town Lake
- Admission: Free
- New for 2017: Spaten 4v4 Soccer Tournament, Friday Karaoke, Superheroes Sunday
- Attendees: Families, Seniors, Children, Singles, Millennials – Fun For All Ages!
- Format: Outdoor Bavarian themed festival, a traditional European style celebration
- Features: Local & International Food, 30+ Varieties of Beer, Music, Dancing,
Rides, Contests, Sports & More
- Title Sponsor: Four Peaks Brewing Company.
- Fun Fact: The first Oktoberfest was held on October 12, 1810 in Munich, Germany to honor the wedding of Crown Prince Ludwig, later to become King Ludwig I, to Princess Therese of Saxony-Hildburghausen. It was a city-wide event celebrated as a festival for the whole of Bavaria.
DID YOU KNOW?
- In 2017 Tempe Sister Cities marks the 45th anniversary of its Oktoberfest celebration in Tempe.
- Oktoberfest is an annual fundraiser with proceeds used to send Tempe high school students to cities all around the world each year. Tempe Sister Cities is an internationally recognized non-profit, awarded multiple times for its promotion of multiculturalism.
- Funds raised also help bring more than 36 high school students and teachers from international cities to Tempe for 5 weeks each year.
- Tempe Sister Cities is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1970 and has won the Overall Best Sister City in America Award four times from Sister Cities International.
TEMPE SISTER CITIES
Beaulieu sur Mer